The Left is full of contradictions. For example, their ongoing outcry about the alarming prevalence of rape stands in stark contrast to their total silence regarding the fact that, of all groups, black men are the most likely to rape. Leftists have ideological reasons for distorting rape statistics. They manipulate them to fool the public. For example:
- The average age of a rapist is 31 years old.2
- 52% are white.2
- 22% of imprisoned rapists report that they are married.2
- Juveniles accounted for 16% of forcible rape arrestees in 1995 and 17% of those arrested for other sex offenses.2
- In 1 in 3 sexual assaults, the perpetrator was intoxicated — 30% with alcohol, 4% with drugs.3
- In 2001, 11% of rapes involved the use of a weapon — 3% used a gun, 6% used a knife, and 2 % used another form of weapon.2
- 84% of victims reported the use of physical force only.2
2) U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Statistics. 1997 Sex Offenses and Offenders Study. 1997.
The U.S. Department of Justice, from whence RAINN* got their data, includes Hispanics as “white” when they are perpetrators – but as “Hispanic” when they are victims. So, in fact, far less than 52% of rapists are white. The table also neglects to mention that 52% is considerably less than the 66% of the population that whites comprise. It would have been far more useful to include a statistic on black perpetrators – but, of course, they would never do this. Thus, their data is misleading on several levels.
Are leftists truly anti-rape? They say they are. And yet they refuse to recognize the elephant in the room: black rape. Furthermore, they support open homosexuality in the military. Now it appears that even the Pentagon has taken this stance. Has common sense completely been thrown out the window? While it is true that the U.S. military is now a volunteer force, economic realities often leave young people few alternatives. In any case, military personnel are stuck with each other for better or for worse.
Men in prison are also stuck with each other – and prison rape has been an ongoing problem for years. Is the Left aiming to create similar conditions in the military? As it stands, there is already a rape problem in the armed forces.
What does it tell us that female soldiers deployed overseas stop drinking water after 7 p.m. to reduce the odds of being raped if they have to use the bathroom at night? Or that a soldier who was assaulted when she went out for a cigarette was afraid to report it for fear she would be demoted — for having gone out without her weapon? Or that, as Representative Jane Harman puts it, “a female soldier in Iraq is more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire.”